When told at the start of semester we would be creating a font based on bugs, I didn’t just groan, I freaked.
Only recently have I come to grips (aka, don’t scream and hide) with my fear of birds, and wasn’t quite sure how I was going to deal with coming up close and personal with the insect world.
See, I’m not necessarily afraid of birds and bees. I’m just not so comfortable with those creatures that can fly. I’m fine with the multiple eyes, arms, legs and other pointy things - it’s just that I don’t trust wings.
Perhaps this is the reason why (unlike many other fonts that were created) I completely avoided the subject of wings and stuck to those multiple arms and legs when creating the font…
Apart from my few… issues… it was quite enjoyable designing my own alphabet. For the first 50 hours that is. The second 50 were slightly more challenging, but being able to use my own font definitely reduced the pain (or perhaps that’s just the blur of time).